GWO First Aid & Fire Awareness Refresher Course
About the course
This GWO First Aid & Fire Awareness Refresher course refreshes the course content from both our GWO Fire Awareness and First Aid courses.
Hosted at our purpose-built training facility in Winchester, Hampshire, our skilled instructors will cover both practical and theoretical training, including ‘live-fire training’ and a demonstration of firefighting apparatus. In addition, you will also learn to identify hazards on and offshore, first aider responsibilities, managing minor and serious incidents, in addition to secondary scenarios.
Blended Learning Approach
The theoretical elements of Safer at Work courses have now moved online as e-Learning modules. This allows you to study flexibly, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home or the office. Support and assistance will be available from the instructor delivering this course.
You will still be required to visit Safer at Work’s training venue to complete the practical elements of the course in order to receive your GWO certificate.
Duration (including blended learning): 1 day
Duration (assessment only): 1 day
Trainer to Delegate Ratio: 1:6 (Practical & Assessment)
Certificate Validity: 24 months
Cost: £280.00 + VAT
Safer at Work is a fully accredited training provider of Global Wind Organisation (GWO) courses. On completion of this GWO First Aid and GWO Fire Awareness Refresher course, you will be able to:
- Correctly use first aid apparatus during an emergency response
- Understand the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe and efficient manner
- Identify and explain normal function, vital signs, signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illnesses related to the human body.
- Be aware of guidelines et by the AHA
- Understand the legislative requirements of their geographic location according to ERC guidelines.
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a wind turbine generator environment
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving first aid using the primary survey A-B-C
- Demonstrate correct use of an automatic external defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrate correct use of ordinary first aid, the secondary survey
- Identify signs of the development and spread of a fire
- Understand the causes of fire
- Demonstrate contingency planning for emergencies
- Correctly use firefighting equipment
- Execute an emergency evacuation