GWO First Aid Refresher
About the course
Our GWO First Aid Training Refresher course will refresh your knowledge and practical skills to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind industry during emergency situations.
Hosted at our purpose-built training facility in Winchester, Hampshire, our skilled instructors will cover both practical and theoretical training, including the psychological effects of first aid for a first aider, types of trauma, incident management and situational awareness and managing and administering first aid during complex incidents with several (2-5) casualties.
Blended Learning Approach
The theoretical elements of Safer at Work courses have now moved online as e-Learning modules. This allows you to study flexibly, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home or the office. Support and assistance will be available from the instructor delivering this course.
You will still be required to visit Safer at Work’s training venue to complete the practical elements of the course in order to receive your GWO certificate.
Duration (including blended learning and practical assessment): 1 day
Trainer to Delegate Ratio: 1:6 (Assessment)
Certificate Validity: 24 months
Cost: £180.00 + VAT
Safer at Work is a fully accredited training provider of Global Wind Organisation (GWO) courses. On completion of this GWO First Aid Refresher course, you will:
- Be able to conduct a risk assessment and accident reporting
- Understand both regional and global legislation and guidelines
- Have knowledge of the human anatomy, structure, functions and symptoms of illness/trauma
- Be able to use first aid principles in emergency situations
- Administer effective first aid for serious and minor injuries, illnesses and incidents
- Be able to manage an incident
- Use lifesaving equipment
- Understand safety procedures
- Understand physiological first aid