GWO Working at Height & Manual Handling Refresher Course
About the course
This GWO Working at Height & Manual Handling Refresher course is a one day course that re-validates a current and in date GWO Working at Height certificate.
Hosted at our purpose-built training facility in Winchester, Hampshire, this course reviews elements from the initial two-day course but is highly practical and focuses on safety-critical areas. Any current safety issues or recent alerts will be discussed bringing the candidate up to date with changing legislation and operational procedures.
Blended Learning Approach
The theoretical elements of Safer at Work courses have now moved online as e-Learning modules. This allows you to study flexibly, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home or the office. Support and assistance will be available from the instructor delivering this course.
You will still be required to visit Safer at Work’s training venue to complete the practical elements of the course in order to receive your GWO certificate.
Duration (Including Blended Learning): 1 day
Duration (Assessment Only): 1 day
Trainer to Delegate Ratio: 1:6 (Practical Assessment)
Certificate Validity: 24 months
Cost: £300.00 + VAT
Safer at Work is a fully accredited training provider of Global Wind Organisation (GWO) courses. On completion of this combined GWO Working at Height and Manual Handling course, you will be able to:
- Use a constant rate descender for self-evaluation and rescue of a casualty or colleagues and how to approach rescue and emergency services
- Climb a fixed ladder
- Use fall protection equipment
- Understand the hazards, risks and basic rescue techniques
- Demonstrate correct use of PPE, such as harnesses, lanyards, fall arrests and work positioning equipment
- Understand the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe manner
- Identify aspects of your job tasks that could increase your risk of developing muscular injuries
- Demonstrate a problem-solving approach to manual handling in a wind turbine environment