About the course
This course is suitable for anyone who may come into contact with an environment that potentially contains asbestos.
Hosted at our purpose-built training facility in Winchester, Hampshire, our skilled instructors will enable delegates to identify asbestos, understand legislation and procedures to follow if asbestos is suspected, and where asbestos is likely to be found.
The theoretical and practical elements of this Safer at Work course have now moved online as e-Learning modules. This allows you to study flexibly, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home or the office. Support and assistance will be available from the instructor delivering this course.
Duration (Theory): Online
Duration (Online): 0.5 days
Trainer to Delegate Ratio: 1:6 (Practical)
Certificate Validity: 2 years
Cost: £79 + VAT
Entry Requirements: 18+ / medical declaration required / fluency in English required for safety reasons
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the properties of asbestos and it’s recognition.
- Explain how to report potential asbestos or concerns about asbestos.
- Demonstrate understanding that work cannot be carried unless further training is undertaken.
- Identify the legal requirements.
- Identify aspects of tasks that could increase the risk of exposure and it’s related health effects.