GWO First Aid
About the course
Our GWO First Aid Training course will prepare you with the necessary knowledge to administer safe and effective first aid during an emergency response for personnel working in the wind industry both on and offshore. This first aid programme forms an important part of the Basic Safety Training Course by the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) which is responsible for setting the training standards in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
Hosted at our purpose-built training facility in Winchester, Hampshire, our skilled instructors will cover both practical and theoretical training, including hazards on and offshore, first aider responsibilities, managing minor and serious incidents, in addition to secondary scenarios.
Blended Learning Approach
The theoretical elements of Safer at Work courses have now moved online as e-Learning modules. This allows you to study flexibly, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home or the office. Support and assistance will be available from the instructor delivering this course.
You will still be required to visit Safer at Work’s training venue to complete the practical elements of the course in order to receive your GWO certificate.
Duration (including blended learning): 2 days
Duration (assessment only): 1 days
Trainer to Delegate Ratio: 1:6 (Practical & Assessment)
Certificate Validity: 24 months
Cost: £240.00 + VAT
Safer at Work is a fully accredited training provider of Global Wind Organisation (GWO) courses. On completion of this GWO First Aid course, you will be able to:
- Correctly use first aid apparatus during an emergency response
- Understand the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe and efficient manner
- Identify and explain normal function, vital signs, signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illnesses related to the human body.
- Be aware of guidelines et by the AHA
- Understand the legislative requirements of their geographic location according to ERC guidelines.
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a wind turbine generator environment
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving first aid using the primary survey A-B-C
- Demonstrate correct use of an automatic external defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrate correct use of ordinary first aid, the secondary survey