GWO First Aid Refresher
Our GWO First Aid Refresher Course is accredited by the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) which sets the training standards required by personnel working in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
Safer at Work is a leading training provider of GWO Courses in the UK and has a track record in ensuring wind operatives work in a safe environment in accordance with GWO guidelines.
Objectives of First Aid Refresher Training
Forming an important part of GWO Basic Safety Training (GWO BST), our First Aid Refresher Course will refresh your knowledge and practical skills to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind industry during emergency situations.
Students who complete our refresher course will be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of:
- The psychological effects of first aid for a first aider
- Sudden sickness and environmental factors (e.g. chemical, air quality, dust, pollen, gases, poisonous animal bites etc.
- Types of trauma
- Incident management and situational awareness
- Managing and administering first aid during complex incidents with several (2-5) casualties
A GWO First Aid Refresher training course includes:
- Legislation and guidelines, global and regional
- Risk assessment and accident reporting
- Anatomy, structure, functions, and symptoms
- Use of first aid principles in emergency situations
- Serious and minor illness, injuries, and incidents
- Management of an incident
- Lifesaving first aid
- Safety procedures
- Psychological first aid
- Demonstration of first aid equipment
Our courses are led by industry-experienced instructors who use realistic training scenarios to prepare delegates to work safely on a wind turbine or associated site.
|Practical skills covered:||Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – CPR
Automatic Defibrillation (AED)
Primary survey and outcomes
Airway management of conscious/un-conscious casualty
Injury assessment and control of hemorrhaging
|Knowledge:||This course follows content as outlined in both GWO and Renewable UK First Aid syllabus.|
|Entry requirements:||Candidates must have an in date certificate to attend.|
|Medical requirements:||Physical fitness with no contra-indications. A self-certified statement of reasonable medical fitness will be required prior to attendance.|
|Instructor ratio:||1:12 Theory / 1:6 Assessment|
|Course cost:||£180.00 + VAT|
|Assessment:||The trainer will assess competence during practical work. Multiple choice written test with discussion.|
Working at Height and Rescue – Wind Turbine training course that covers the basic safety and competence required …
The GWO Work at Height and Rescue REFRESHER is a one day course which re-validates a current and in date GWO …
The GWO First Aid Wind Turbine course outlines the basic safety training and competence recommended by …