GWO First Aid Course
Our GWO First Aid Training course will prepare you with the necessary knowledge to administer safe and effective first aid during an emergency response for personnel working in the wind industry both on and offshore.
This first aid programme forms an important part of the Basic Safety Training Course by the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) which is responsible for setting the training standards in the global wind energy and renewables industry.
This course covers both practical and theoretical training.
Objectives of the GWO First Aid Course
Students who complete GWO First Aid Training will be able to:
- Correctly use first aid apparatus during an emergency response
- Understand the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe and efficient manner
- Identify and explain normal function, vital signs, signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illnesses related to the human body.
- Be aware of guidelines et by the AHA
- Understand the legislative requirements of their geographic location according to ERC guidelines.
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a wind turbine generator environment
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving first aid using the primary survey A-B-C
- Demonstrate correct use of an automatic external defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrate correct use of ordinary first aid, the secondary survey
Safer at Work’s GWO First Aid Course includes:
- Hazards on and offshore
- Responsibility of the first aider
- Managing minor and serious incidents
- Secondary scenarios / exercises
Our courses are led by industry-experienced instructors who use realistic training scenarios to prepare delegates to work safely on a wind turbine or associated site.
|Practical skills covered:||Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – CPR
Automatic Defibrillation (AED)
Primary survey and outcomes
Airway management of conscious/un-conscious casualty
Injury assessment and control of haemorrhaging
|Knowledge:||This course follows content as outlined in the GWO First Aid syllabus.|
|Entry requirements:||There are no academic or technical prerequisites for attending this course.|
|Medical requirements:||Physical fitness with no contra-indications. A self-certified statement of reasonable medical fitness will be required prior to attendance.|
|Instructor ratio:||1:12 Theory / 1:6 Assessment|
|Course cost:||£240.00 + VAT|
|Assessment:||The trainer will assess competence during practical work. Multiple choice written test with discussion.|
Working at Height and Rescue – Wind Turbine training course that covers the basic safety and competence required …
The GWO Work at Height and Rescue REFRESHER is a one day course which re-validates a current and in date GWO …
The GWO First Aid Wind Turbine course outlines the basic safety training and competence recommended by …